Governance is one of the most important aspects of operating an Older Adult Centre. Whether a centre is not-for-profit or municipal, there are important functions that need to be carried out from a governance perspective. The area of governance has really expanded over the past several years to include many different models and approaches. These developments can have useful applications within Older Adult Centres.
- ONCA – 11 Key Takeaways from Ontario’s Not-for-Profit Corporations Act for Provincial Associations
ONCA – Sample Bylaw with Options
ONCA – How to Adjust Existing Bylaws
- Board Governance and Leadership presentation by Joe McReynolds: click here. In partnership with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility.
- Quality Improvement: Performance Indicators for Seniors Centres OACAO (PDF download)
- Evaluation Framework for Board Governance
- Risk Management
- Solutions: Everybody’s Business Senior to Senior Anti-Bullying Toolkit
- How to Manage Social Media for Non-Profits