Job Title: Part-time AR/AP Administrator
Department/Group: Staff Position
Type (FT, PT, Relief, etc.): Part Time
Peel Senior Link
50 Burnhamthorpe Rd West, Mississauga, ON L5B 3C2 Level/Salary Range: $24-26 per hour
Contact Person: Althea Alli
Fax : 905-712-3373
Peel Senior Link, a non-profit charitable organization established in 1993, provides personal care & home-making and other complementary support services. Peel Senior Link maximizes independent living–helping seniors live with dignity, stability, and safety. Peel Senior Link is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care through Ontario Health – Central, grants, and personal and corporate donations.
We are currently seeking a Part-time AR/AP Administrator. Reporting to the Finance Manager and working collaboratively with the Payroll Department and the Senior Management Team, this position performs day to day processing of accounts payable transactions including processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and recording financial activities in the General Ledger (QuickBooks accounting Software)
• Maintains the organization’s accounting and financial reporting process in QuickBooks in accordance with generally accepted accounting principal (GAAP) for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and ensure that purchases are coded to the proper general ledger accounts.
• Receives, verifies, codes and posts corporate credit card transactions/mileage/ petty cash reimbursement claim forms and enters and posts into QB. Responds to employees’ inquiries regarding mileage and petty cash reimbursements and communicates with employees regarding adjustments.
• Process payment in QB and EFT through Treasury Software
• Records bank activities including all deposits, funding, ADP payroll charges and bank charges up to and including bank reconciliation in the General Ledger; transfers bank statement data and journals into QB financial software.
• Reviews Accounts Payable aging and ensures timely payment to mitigate supplier/vendor discrepancies.
• Generates Accounts Receivable invoices using QB system and forwards to clients and other entities. Reviews Accounts Receivable aging and follows up on outstanding balances.
• Performs other duties as required. Analyses employees’ expenses and communicate expenditure behaviour. Acts as a backup to payroll administrator.
• Prints AP & AR sub ledger report and reconciles with the AP& AR control account via QB. Produces reports from QB.
• Oversees administration of donations and billing process. Respond to requests for information from all staff
• Prepares all supporting documents for Audit purposes. Processes year end procedures.
• Provide assistance to Payroll Department
The ideal candidate has:
• Active or completed enrollment in a College Level Program at a minimum
• Finance related qualifications an asset
• Bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
• QuickBooks: 3 years (preferred)
• ADP: 2-3 years
Part-time – 24 hours per week – Hybrid
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C2
We thank everyone for their expression of interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Senior Link is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources at 905 712 4413 x326.
Peel Senior Link has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees in order to protect our clients, our staff, and the communities we work in. All job applicants will be required to declare their vaccination status during the recruitment process. As a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination. Peel Senior Link will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
To learn more about Peel Senior Link please visit: