Job Title: Contract Interim Chief Operating Officer
Department/Group: Senior Management
Position Type (FT, PT, Relief, etc.): Contract Full Time
Peel Senior Link
50 Burnhamthorpe Rd West, Mississauga, ON L5B 3C2 Level/Salary Range: $131,000 – $135,000 per year
Contact Person: Althea Alli
Fax : 905-712-3373
Peel Senior Link, a non-profit charitable organization established in 1993, provides personal care & home-making and other complementary support services. Peel Senior Link maximizes independent living–helping seniors live with dignity, stability, and safety. Peel Senior Link is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care through Ontario Health – Central, grants, and personal and corporate donations.
We are currently seeking a Contract Interim Chief Operating Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for the day-to-day operational performance of Peel Senior Link, as dictated by the organization’s strategic plan and direction.
• To build and lead an effective and cohesive senior management team with effective succession planning
• To evaluate the senior management team
• To represent PSL to government, regulatory authorities, funders and the general public as delegated by and in collaboration with the CEO
• To manage the vision and long-term strategy for PSL
• To effectively communicate and implement the Strategic Plan as approved by the PSL Board and CEO
• To develop and put in place strategic operating plans and budgets for each program area
• To ensure the development of our business case for renewed and new funding as well as managing the grant proposal process to meet our vision
• To collaborate and support Ontario Health Teams in the transition of health care
Operations and controls
• Oversee operations, finance, accounting, human resources, legal activities, privacy, information management and technology, and labour relations: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
• Business insurance: procurement, monitoring and management
• Information technology – working with the Information Management Officer and external provider ensuring the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and ASP applications
• Organizational reporting and monitoring: provide guidance and leadership through management of PSL metrics and measurement reporting process
• Office management: oversee administrative functions for all PSL sites, ensuring smooth daily operations of offices and program sites
• Board of Directors – in concert with the CEO, provide staff support and guidance to PSL board and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees
Communication and Reporting
• To liaise with the CEO and keep him informed of all issues emerging
• To attend PSL board and committee meetings as needed.
• To provide report to the CEO to be tabled at the board meeting which should outline:
o Program issues
o Financial issues
o Compliance issues
o HR issues
o IT issues
o Charity Issues
o Risk Management
• To work with the Board’s Finance and Audit Committee in collaboration with the Director, Finance to provide an appropriate and satisfactory system for financial management and control and reporting on a monthly basis
• To work with the senior management team to ensure that a system is in place for effective communication (including annual mandate letters) within management team and other employees
• To appoint, build and maintain an effective management team and to ensure that remuneration packages are appropriate.
• To be responsible for all dealings with PSL staff and their appointments both internally and externally
Financial Management and Operational Oversight
• Working with the Director, Finance and the Director, Operations & Business Development, manage and oversee all financial and business planning activities, including:
• Direct and administer all financial plans
• Oversee business policies and accounting practices
• Review and analyze financial reports
• Support and advise the CEO in decision making
• Lead and support organizational budgeting process
• Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics.
• Provide overall financial oversight and monitoring.
• Ensure that relevant financial data is presented to the CEO and senior management team
• Working with the Director, Human Resources/Privacy Officer, manage and oversee the human resource function for PSL, including:
• Recruitment, hiring, and compensation
• Labour Management and union relations
• Benefits administration and oversight
• Professional training and development, including new employee orientation
• Retention strategies
• Regulatory oversight and legal compliance
• Ensuring that the human resource function is properly resourced and represented within the senior management team.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, ideally with an MBA; CPA designation an asset
• Strong operational experience and business acumen: ideally has worked in a senior management role for 10+ years in a socially responsible organization with progressive experience with at least three years’ experience in operational/administrative management
• Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal
• Skills should include organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and agency activities that involve high levels of collaboration
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, diplomacy and commitment to the mission of PSL
• Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
• Non-profit experience an asset
Job Type: Contract Salaried, Full-time – Hybrid
Salary: $131,000 – $135,000 per year
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C2
We thank everyone for their expression of interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Senior Link is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources at 905 712 4413 x326.
Peel Senior Link has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees in order to protect our clients, our staff, and the communities we work in. All job applicants will be required to declare their vaccination status during the recruitment process. As a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination. Peel Senior Link will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
To learn more about Peel Senior Link please visit: