Community Spirit Award
Recognizing an organization or business that has displayed exceptional effort and commitment on behalf of Older Adult Centres through senior-friendly service, accessibility or advocacy.
OACAO Print Media Award of Merit
OACAO annually recognizes a Print Media writer for an article that best reflects the purpose and goals of Older Adult Centres in Ontario.
- The article appeared in a daily, weekly or monthly print media publication.
- The article positively reflected on Older Adult Centres.
- The article reflected positively on the Centre participants.
- The article presented a positive image of older adults in Ontario.
- Positive outcomes were initiated as a result of the article.
OACAO Electronic Media Award of Merit
OACAO annually recognizes an Electronic Media Producer for an Electronic Media presentation that best reflects the purpose and goals of Older Adult Centres in Ontario.
- The presentation was presented as part of a daily, weekly or special radio or television production.
- The production positively reflected on Older Adult Centres.
- The production reflected positively on the Centre participants.
- The production presented a positive image of older adults in Ontario.
- Positive outcomes were initiated as a result of the production.
Award of Merit
The purpose of this award is to recognize exceptional effort and commitment on behalf of the OACAO. Any person from a Member Centre may recommend a candidate to receive the Award of Merit. The Executive shall make the final decision on award recipients.
- Anyone is eligible to receive an Award of Merit
- Award of Merit may be conferred for:
- A contribution to the field of Older Adults
- Leadership in OACAO (Provincial, Regional, Centre)
- Long Term service in OACAO (Personal Commitment)
Person of Distinction Award
Awarded to an individual or group, who has made a major contribution in the field of Older Adult Program and Services. The Person of Distinction Award is considered to be the most prestigious recognition bestowed by OACAO. To be eligible, an individual must have dedicated a minimum of ten (10) years of service to the Older Adult Centres’ Association of Ontario, served as Chairperson on two or more committees and as a member of the Executive. Recipients of this award epitomize the hard work and long service required to ensure the positive contribution of the Association to the success of Older Adult Centres in Ontario. A three-quarter majority of the Executive is required to select recipients of this award.
Life Membership Award
Consideration will be given to long time service to OACAO. Candidates must have served on two or more Committees, the Board of Directors and the Executive for a period of fifteen (15) years. A three-quarters majority of the Executive is required to select a candidate for the Life Membership Award. Consideration may also be given to persons serving in the field of Older Adult Centres in general. Privileges will be the same as those of a full member. Membership dues for Life Membership category will be gratis beginning the year in which the honour is bestowed.
Past President’s Award
There shall be a Past President’s Citation in recognition of services rendered. The Past President’s Plaque shall be awarded to the Outgoing President immediately following the gavel being presented to the Incoming President. The award will only be presented when an individual leaves the office of President.