We are currently seeking an Finance Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and working collaboratively with the Director HR & Privacy Officer, Finance, and Information Management Officer (the Senior Management Team), this position oversees the daily operations of 11 business units in the Peel Region by administering the Supports for Daily Living/Assisted Living program, Seniors Active Living program, Integrated Seniors Team, Foot Care, and Community Hub programs.
This is a permanent full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
• Provides direct supervision and direction to all sites and the corresponding Supervisors of Client Services, Scheduling Officers, Community Development Coordinator and indirect to Personal Support Workers, Home Helpers and student/volunteer placements.
• Works closely with Human Resources to recognize/reward, discipline and counsel supervisors and scheduler, provides orientation, feedback, training, conducts performance evaluations, hires and terminates direct report employees, intervenes in employee disputes, grievances, legal and human rights issues.
• Participates in decisions regarding salary increases, promotions, hires and terminates employees as required.
• Participates and advises senior management during union negotiations.
• Schedules, assigns and delegates work to Supervisors, Client Services, Scheduling Officers and Community Development Coordinator and indirectly to other site staff.
• Participates in the setting, monitoring and achievement of organizational goals and budgets.
• Monitors all client and employee documentation and statistical reporting to ensure that information is up to date and complete in CIMS/Easy Care and paper files. Approves mileage, visa and petty cash for site supervisors.
• Attends Senior Management Meetings. Prepares for and attends Client Supervisor meetings (bi-w) and site meetings (every 3 months).
• Liaises with other community partners and represents the agency on appropriate committees.
• Chairs and/or attends internal committee meetings as required.
• Attends the Annual General Meeting.
• Undertakes training initiatives as assigned. (Travels with own car)
• Supervises the flow of clients – Monitors intake documentation to ensure it is complete and accurate. Monitors that annual review of client files is complete and accurate. Helps to maintain client records using client database. Monitors service provided to clients during office visits and conducts in-home spot checks as required. Participates in client care conferences as required. (Travel by own car).
• Instructs and monitors staff on using safe work practices and personal protective equipment. Manages Infection Prevention and Control. Promotes the work of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee. Maintains knowledge, observes, enforces and practices appropriate procedures in regard to Fire, Safety, Quality and environmental standards. Maintains and ensures that others maintain a safe, orderly and tidy work area.
• Manages and mitigates risks to the organization by reviewing safety incident reports. Alerts the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer, as to risk-related issues as required.
• Monitors voice messages and carries a cell phone after office hours to provide support to sites. Manages the On-call schedule.
• Assesses the organization’s activities and provides input into the preparation of the risk management plan including the development of databases, reports, surveys and Accreditation Canada. Participates on the Quality Improvement initiative.
• Liaises between Supervisors and Central Registry for intake and referral of clients.
• Maintains knowledge, observes, practices and enforces appropriate procedures in regard to Fire, Safety, Quality and environmental standards. Maintains and ensures that others maintain a safe, orderly and tidy work area.
• Attends the Board Quality & Community Engagement Committee and Family Caregiver & Client Advisory Panel meetings.
• Performs other duties as required including assuming responsibility for organizational operations in the absence of the Chief Operating Officer when required/requested.
The ideal candidate has:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or a healthcare discipline,
• Professional designation (e.g. RN, PT, OT etc.) an asset,
• Strong operational experience in private or public sector; ideally has 5+ years of experience with at least 3 years’ experience in operational or administrative management of multiple locations,
• An entrepreneurial mindset with experience in business development,
• Prior labour relations and collective bargaining experience required,
• Experience in budgeting and financial planning and analysis
• Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and agency activities that involve high levels of collaboration,
• Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team,
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of PSL, and
• Flexibility and adaptability; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
Job Type: Permanent Salaried, Full-time – Hybrid
Salary: $73,600.00 – $80,000 per year
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• On-site parking
• Professional fees reimbursement
50 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON, L5B 3C2
We thank everyone for their expression of interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Peel Senior Link is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please contact Human Resources at 905 712 4413 x326.
Peel Senior Link has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees in order to protect our clients, our staff, and the communities we work in. All job applicants will be required to declare their vaccination status during the recruitment process. As a condition of employment, all new hires must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their vaccination. Peel Senior Link will comply with its Human Rights obligations and accommodate employees who are legally entitled to accommodation.
To learn more about Peel Senior Link please visit: